Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)

HUD’s Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP-1) is providing targeted emergency assistance to state and local governments to acquire and redevelop foreclosed properties that might otherwise become sources of abandonment and blight within our community. Funding is provided through HUD’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program under the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008.

The Housing Authority of Henderson has been awarded $884,000.00 to purchase property, to build new affordable rentals and to rehabilitate a foreclosed home.

Income Limits

1 Person $21,500
2 Person $24,600
3 Person $27,650
4 Person $30,700
5 Person $33,200
6 Person $35,650
7 Person $38,100
8 Person $40,550

Participant guidelines are as follows;

Client must make below 50% of the area median income.

Client must have 3 years positive rental history, including good housekeeping history.

Client must complete budget classes prior to move in.

Client must successfully pass the Housing Authority’s criminal history screening.

To apply for Neighborhood Stablilzation-Affordable Rentals, the following information is required at time of applying;

1. All household members 18 year of age or older must be present to sign documents.

2. Original Social Security cards for all household members.

3. Original Birth Certificates for all household members.

4. Driver’s License or State issued identification for household members 18 years of age or over.

5. Most recent written verification of all sources of household income. Income includes but is not limited to the following:

  • Most recent monthly print out on Social Security benefits
  • K-Tap benefits
  • Food Stamps
  • Kinship Care
  • Child Support
  • Alimony
  • Unemployment benefits
  • Documented verification of wages or the most recent 6 pay stubs or a written statement from employer.
  • Any cash and/or indirect cash contributions from family or friends outside your household.
  • Income from assets, interest from CD’s, money markets, or any other type of interest or dividends.
  • Oil/gas royalties
  • Rental property
  • Money market, mutual funds
  • IRA’s pay outs
  • Pensions

Any other type of payment that is received into the household

6. Documentation/verification of assets includes:

Provide the most recent 6 months print out on bank statements for/from bank (checking/savings accounts including Christmas accounts and Certificates of Deposits), Life insurance policies with cash surrender value, Homes/land owned (Property Evaluation/Assessment Office), Investments, trust funds that you have access to and/or other investment accounts which you can access, and any other assests not listed.

7. Documentation to support child supprt being paid out to a child not living in your household and not paid toward arrearage. The document must show the amount being paid, the frequency and the name and address of the parent and child receiving the payment.

8. If you pay child care, bring in Child Care verification showing how much you are paying.

9. If you are pregnant, provide documents showing proof of pregnancy with approximate due date and a doctors signature signed from the physicians office.

10. Where the individual has lived outside the local area, the Housing Authority of Henderson may require the applicant and the other household members to contact law enforcement agencies where the individual had lived or request a check through the FBI’s National Crime Information Center. (NCIC)

All documentation is required when submitting application. The Housing Authority of Henderson will not accept the application in the event all adult members are not present. Applications are teken on Monday-Friday from 8am-10:45am and 12:15-3:45pm. Applications after 4pm are by appointment only.